Whenever we needed to research housing options, refresh our memories on the words to “Roar Lion Roar” or cry about the untimely death of Alexander Hamilton, WikiCU was there for us. Now it’s your turn.Come edit or add to WikiCU’s pages at the Wikithon, this Wednesday from 6-11 in the John Jay Lounge! And there will be Dinosaur BBQ and Insomnia cookies there, too.
Since its creation, supposedly by Nicholas Murray Butler in 1919, WikiCu has become an invaluable source for in depth, factual articles such as the following:
- Unbiased descriptions the other Ivies (Dartmouth, Harvard, Brown, Yale, Princeton, Cornell) as well as state schools (Penn, Ohio State, Michigan).
- Biographies of prestigious figures from Columbia’s past: Angry Cell-Phone Guy, Matilda the Harlem Goat, a guy who was majored in psychology and was successful, the uranium bandit, Spiderman.
- Important things to know about New York’s groceries and subways
- Informative pages about Columbia culture: School spirit, Holden Caulfield, Tasti D-Lite
- Fun facts about Aaron Burr, Twitter, Uris Pool
- Long explanations about Columbia’s clubs and institutes
- Even a glimpse into the future