How To Lose A Job In 10 Minutes
Written by Bwog Staff
Only a few more days until spring officially begins, and that means it’s internship-hunting season. Assuming you
did a good job selling your strengths as a candidate got lucky at the career fair and scored an interview, here’s a step-by-step guide on ruining your chances.
- Forget what position you are applying for because you sent out way too many applications.
- Speak entirely @JennyHolzer-style tweets. Examples include “MURDER HAS ITS SEXUAL SIDE” and “STUPID PEOPLE SHOULDN’T BREED”
- Give an actual weakness for “What are your strengths and weaknesses?” (Although that would make for an interesting interview, at least.)
- Great job! You’re halfway through the interview—don’t forget to cut your toenails or change your socks at this point. Many companies consider it a plus if you remember to do both.
- Ironically make a mistake in interpreting and answering “Explain a mistake you have made and how you handled it.” For some reason, Bwog ended up explaining a mistake someone else made and how it helped them solve the problem. After what Bwog thought was a great answer the interviewer just glared and said “you did not answer the question.”
- Close with “I would be really excited to work at (competitor)!”
Image via Shutterstock
Tags: bwog offers excellent advice, center for career education would have an aneurysm if they read this, columbia: making young adults cry since 1754, help i'm trapped in a bwog listicle factory and i need a real job, internships, job interview, job interview 101, print out and bring to your interview, six steps to success