The Return Of Bwog’s Comment Awards

Here at Bwog, we’re bringing back a long-lost fan favorite: comment awards! Here we recognize our loyal commenter base for providing us and the Columbia community as a whole with endless humor, food for thought, and even suggestions for controlling our freshmen. If you made the cut, congratulations!

Staff Appreciation Award:

We are also Anna Hotter fans!

You Paid Attention in Your Core Classes Award:

Did you take Music Hum???

Most Imaginative:

Most Accurate:

Too real

Heartwarmingly Bloody Award:

~A real sense of community~

Most Likely to Become One of Our Cover Photos:

Sorry bout it!

• confused newcomer says:

@confused newcomer What is KDR?

@Anonymous I think it was 80s German Elektropop?

@Anonymous is carry that rape still going on?

@Anonymous Yes, the rape thing is still going on. Still. Yeah, rape’s kind of bothering people, strangely enough. It’s a problem, and we could use a hand getting rape to stop.

Oh. you were making one of those Ralph-Wiggum-between-paste-snacks kinda jokes. Y’all can stop now. Unless you actually can’t, in which case ‘my sympathies’ and ‘next round of Elmer’s is on me’.

@Anonymous you’re cute when you’re angry. I drink the tears of feminists

1. That's unfortunate. says:

@That's unfortunate. I haven’t cried in twelve years, and you couldn’t do it on your best day.
          You must be parched. Go grab an Enfamil, then come back & learn something.

@Anonymous “i havent cried in 12 years and you cant make me cry!!” cringe / 10

@Anonymous A slightly over-the-top post makes you cringe, but clockwork-regular rape-is-a-joke posts… haven’t?
            Yeah. _You’re_ the cool kid I want to measure myself against.

@Anonymous There’s been a distinct decline in the quality of Bwog comments over the last couple years.

Then again there’s been a distinct decline the quality of Bwog, but at least the comments used to be worth a chuckle or two.

• ffs says:

@ffs I don’t know about any of you guys, but I think the Ferguson stuff is being targeted at the wrong group. If michael brown had not been addicted to cigarettes then he would have never robbed the store and never been shot. If cigarette companies did not insist on targeting low income americans and hipsters (these two groups may be one in the same: further research is needed), than there would be no problem. Everyone who smokes at columbia is part of this problem. Every time i see a cigarette light up on college walk I think to myself what poor black child is going to be killed because of this kids actions. Its a travesty that at such a prestigious school many students have no problem killing young black males. I propose we all get our mattresses and use their heavy weight to beat down smokers who are actively trying to kill people such as michael brown. #UseThatWeight

@Anonymous You’re not facing up to the real problem, brah! I heard someone talking about how the air around here’s getting colder ’cause it’s winter, and how that leads to an atmosphere where someone could get frozed, and how hypothermia kills over 1,000 Americans a year, and dude, I really take offense at that- like, why are you telling me this, are you saying I’m personally shoving women in refrigerators?! And never hear those people trying to tell the public about those so-called ‘freezing deaths’ talkin about all those people who get caught in heatwaves, so they must not care about that or whatever. They ruined my Columbia snowballfight experience!

@Anonymous don’t feed the troll, don’t look at it, don’t fart in its general direction.

@Anonymous LOL