With all of the hard work that goes into making this illustrious site run day in and day out, only a few of our staff members have the privilege of taking on the laborious activity of making Bwog the way it is. We like to call these heroes Daily Editors and we need some more of them. If you’ve ever been interested in dedicating your life to a greater cause or hearing about all of the campus gossip as it happens, we encourage you to apply to be a Daily Editor for this coming semester. Dailies are responsible for running Bwog on a daily basis by publishing content and bearing the brunt of spelling mistakes. Most importantly, they have the job of writing Bwoglines each morning aka your favorite Bwog feature. This position is one of the best chances to begin as a staff member on Bwog, and we encourage any
first years, sophomores, or upperclassmen unjaded members of the Columbia community to apply. Experience with journalism/writing is not required.
Wait, there’s more! If you’re not interested in being a Daily, we are also looking for Bureau Chiefs for the following meetings: ESC, CCSC, SGA, and GSSC. These staff members will attend one (or more) of these meetings each week and provide coverage to be posted on Bwog the following day. If you’re interested in the position, please email the board with which meeting(s) you would like to cover. This is a great way to join Bwog with minimal time commitment. Bonus: if you’re the SGA chief, you get the baller title “Barnard Bearoness.”
If you’re interested in drinking the Kool-Aid and becoming a part of the most popular clique on campus, send in your completed application (see below) or Bureau Chief interest to firstname.lastname@example.org by Saturday, January 24 at 11:59pm.
- Tell us about one Bwog post you liked, one post you didn’t like, and why for both.
- What is your favorite tag?
- Come up with three sample post ideas that you would like to see on Bwog.
- Draw Bwog.
- Why do you want to join Bwog?
- What do you think Bwog is?
- You’re taking Bwog out on a date! What would you do? Where would you go?
- What about Columbia might you be interested in writing about?
- Send us a screenshot or list of the bookmarked Favorites on your browser.
- What three days work best for you to Daily?
The true Supreme via Shutterstock