On Saturday it was nearly 80 degrees and today it is right back down to 48 degrees. What’s good?? To boost your mood and warm your soul, Bwog’s personal DJ, Briana “Breezus,” brings some fresh beats you can jam to.
Although I prefer this season much more than everlasting winter, the unpredictable nature of spring can be difficult to cope with. Below is a forecast you can trust!! Peep this weather-themed playlist that can get you through the heat, the chill, the rain, the sun, and the occasional hail storm.
- Sunshine by Mos Def – Bump this when you flock to the Steps for your slice of Vitamin D.
- Ain’t No Sunshine by Bill Withers – Bwog is full of contradictions!! (See above song)
- Have You Ever Seen The Rain by Creedence Clearwater Revival – I’m from Florida, but I think I’ve seen more rain than sun in my time living there (the “Sunshine State” is a misleading name). Also, it rained here yesterday… so I think the answer to this question is yes.
- HAIL Mary by 2Pac – This song may have nothing to do with weather, but it has the word “hail” in its title. Also, it’s 2Pac.
- Weatherman by Ibeyi – We all know that CUSS > any weatherman in terms of forecast accuracy.
- In The Cold, Cold Night by The White Stripes – The perfect song to listen to when you’re sober standing outside 1020 in shorts on a Saturday night and you realize that you’re not dressed for the weather whatsoever. Not speaking from personal experience.
- Gust Of Wind by Pharrell – “Gust of wind” is a gentle, poetic way to describe the violent blows that hit us as we walk to class.
- Hot in Herre by Nelly – Exactly how I felt when it was 75 degrees outside and the heat was still on in Butler 209. Not cool (literally).
- Snow (Hey Oh) by Red Hot Chili Peppers – Maybe its a bit of an over-exaggeration, as snow in the city during this time of year isn’t likely. But hey, prepare for the worst.
- Warm Winds (feat. Isaiah Rashad) by SZA – A dreamy tune that makes us feel warm inside.
- Weatherman by R. Kelly – A song with this same title has already been included on this playlist, but the two couldn’t be more different stylistically. Peep this!!
- Cold by Kanye West, DJ Khaled – For some it’s spring, for others it’s Yeezy Season.
- Warm Thoughts by Flume – Think warm thoughts for the rest of the semester and all will be good!!