In Bwog’s newest music series, “Sounds of CU,” we will take you on a symphonic stroll across the University, making pit stops at some of its most famous landmarks. We’ll craft a playlist for you to jam to in that week’s location that matches the vibe of the building or hangout spot. First up is Hamilton Hall, Columbia College’s HQ and stair-laden bane of many a student’s existence. Here are some Hamil-tunes to get you through that climb.
- Climbing Up the Walls by Radiohead – Okay, you got this. Your lecture is on the top floor of Hamilton and starts in 3 minutes, but you just took a shot of Joe’s coffee and your fingers are trembling with energy as you open the doors.
- Break the Rules by Charli XCX – You briefly consider turning around and ditching class. You don’t wanna go to school, you just wanna break the rules… but your studious nature gets the better of you. Nerd.
- Regret by St. Vincent – You start your arduous trek and immediately wonder why you decided to wear platform wedges. Heck, you should be in Timberlands and a Camelbak right now!
- These Days by Nico – Your friend passes by and smiles at you, saying “hi,” but you blatantly ignore her. You’ve been out walking, you don’t do too much talking these days – plus, by this point, you’re kind of out of breath.
- Youth Knows No Pain by Lykke Li – You try to tweet about your travails and accidentally miss a step, crashing your shin into the floor and smashing the iPhone in your outstretched hand. It’s okay, though, you’re just numb now.
- Who Killed Tangerine by Tears For Fears – Just when you think it’s all over… IT’S NOT OVER. One more flight to go… 59 seconds until your super-strict teacher will yell at you in the front of class…
- Var by Sigur Ros – You succeed in making it to class on time!!! And promptly fall asleep in the back. Congrats, college kid. You conquered Hamilton… this time around.
Hamilton Hall via Wikipedia