Happenings Of May And June In Morningside

Our condolences to those spending their summers on campus

If you haven’t already realized (and if you haven’t…did you get lost in your copy of Infinite Jest? Are you putting in too many hours at your JP Morgan summer internship?), it’s July! Before you drink yourself into a coma this holiday weekend (please don’t…ugh…you don’t live in Carman anymore), try to clear your head of its summer haze and catch up on what’s going down in MoHi. Here’s what you may have missed in May and June (as far as Columbia is concerned):

Scenes from MoHi (we don’t wish you were here):

Summertime Notes from the Field:

• Got in a car accident–oops!
  • Started Infinite Jest.
  • Got harassed by a dude at the club–he put his necklace in my bag, Facebook friended me, then demanded the necklace back the next day.
  • Spent several hours going through old photos; realized that I will never again produce art as great as the photos I took of my sister in 2005.
  • I, too, started Infinite Jest.
  • Went for a hike in the woods of NH and got so lost we had to call the police.
  • Got asked to the ballet by an NYU professor.
  • Did not start Infinite Jest.
  • Placed bets on Brexit happening and won good money. Afterward, I laughed at people who told me I would lose money.
  • Spent an entire workday highlighting Excel spreadsheets.

• Bollinger says:

@Bollinger Is a dirty, greedy gypsy.

If he ONLY paid himself 1 million/yr 50 students could attend columbia for free.

Is Bollinger really worth 10K/day?
    Growth of Columbia’s endowment has been pitiful compared to other Ivies. Get the bum out.

@Anonymous The new medical school building, nursing school building, Jerome L Greene Science Building, and the Lenfest Center for the Arts are all nearing completion this summer. The Academic Conference Center has started construction.

@Anonymous “Got harassed by a dude at the club–he put his necklace in my bag, Facebook friended me, then demanded the necklace back the next day.”

why did you steal his necklace?

@Anonymous Because she wanted to point out that a person on this earth finds her attractive, or more likely, wanted a warm hole. And then she proceeded to be a dick to him because she’s more valuable than him. How cool is she!

• nice says:

@nice solid summer content bwog!

• The biggest thing says:

@The biggest thing Is that health services stopped having tampons and pads

@Anonymous The health service provides free tampons, pads and toilet paper.

• Manuel says:

@Manuel The new medical school building, nursing school building, Jerome L Greene Science Building, and the Lenfest Center for the Arts are all nearing completion this summer. The Academic Conference Center has started construction.

Where are you going this summer?

It figures, Diana's father in law was a confectioner in Rahway (read more)
    COMIC: 5 Things I Wish I’d Known Before I Got To Columbia
    August 20, 2019
    Step one. Please tell students to respect public safety officers and security. They work very hard and deserve respect. (read more)
    Barnard Fires Executive Director of Public Safety, Not Involved Officers, Following Milstein Center Assault
    August 18, 2019
    Don’t act dumb. A responsible victim would go to the police, not the halls of academia, if there were a (read more)
    August 18, 2019