CWB: Breakfast Tacos
These breakfast tacos are best served with a hot beverage of choice in an Iron Man mug.
Plain eggs and toast just don’t cut it sometimes when you’re trying to fill up before heading to the library all day. With components of this recipe from a bunch of different food groups, this recipe is sure to keep you fueled for a long day of studying or essay writing. And it’s easy and quick to make too!
- Olive oil or canola oil spray
- 2 eggs
- Salt and pepper
- Chopped up bell peppers
- Shredded cheese
- 2 corn tortillas
- Hot sauce of your choice
- Toppings (lettuce, onion, etc)
- Spray or oil a frying pan so the eggs don’t stick.
- Cook the bell peppers.
- While the bell peppers are cooking, crack two eggs in a bowl with salt and pepper. Whisk them together.
- When the bell peppers look done (the skin will look softer), pour in the whisked eggs.
- Cook the egg and bell pepper mixture until the eggs are just about done (this depends on your liking, but they should be mostly firm with a little bit of runniness).
- When the eggs are nearly done, add a pinch of shredded cheese (again, this depends on your liking).
- When the cheese is fully absorbed into the mixture and the eggs are done to your liking, put the mixture on a plate. Put the plate in either a microwave (that is off) or just put a paper towel over it to conserve the heat.
- Next, heat up each of the corn tortillas on that same frying pan for about a minute or two.
- When the tortillas are crispy, remove them from the frying pan and put the eggs in them.
- Put hot sauce and any other toppings you like on them.
Enjoy! You’re now fueled and ready for the day.