If you’re bored and can’t leave your lodgings, why not treat yourself to some fancy but simple-to-make fettuccine alfredo? Minimal effort is required for maximum results with this recipe.
This ain’t your Olive Garden fettuccine alfredo. No, this is so much more. If you ever need to impress your friends and family and look like a Real Chef, don’t be afraid to whip out this recipe. You can add whatever you desire to this pretty basic, bare-bones recipe: chicken, spinach, garlic, etc. to spice it up if you want. Without further ado, here’s the recipe!
These measurements serve 4 people. Reduce if needed, share with loved ones, or mail extra to your friends!
- 2 cups of Parmesan cheese, grated
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 2 cups of heavy whipping cream
- 8 ounces of fettuccine pasta
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Cook fettuccine noodles according to directions on the packaging and according to preference.
- About when you add the noodles, melt butter in a large saucepan on medium heat.
- When all the butter is melted, add in all of the heavy whipping cream. Stir continuously until the sauce starts to bubble.
- Add salt and pepper to the sauce according to preference.
- Take the sauce OFF heat. Mix in the Parmesan cheese a handful at a time, making sure that all of the cheese melts. This can be done according to taste, really, but I say the more cheese the better.
- Drain noodles and add them to your saucepan. Mix and you’ve got it!
images via the cooking mama of this post