I have become very well acquainted with my oven this semester. I make lots of baked chicken, like lots and lots. One of my favorites is this almond-crusted chicken. I bought a bag of thinly sliced almonds accidentally a few weeks ago and improvised this recipe, and now I really like it. I paired it with a salad that included snap peas, baby carrots, mushrooms, and feta cheese.
- Chicken breast
- Sliced almonds
- Salt and pepper
- Complete seasoning
- Dump your almonds into a plastic bag and completely close it. Take something hard like the bottom of a jar to crush the almonds further. Crush them into chunks, not to the point of being dust. Put a generous amount of complete seasoning and some salt into the bag.
- Cover a cookie sheet with tin foil and spray it with canola oil.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut the little pieces of chicken that you don’t want to eat. You know the type.
- Take your butter and melt it in the microwave.
- Dunk your chicken in the melted butter.
- Then place your chicken into the bag, close it again, and shake it so that the chicken is covered with the almond pieces.
- Place your chicken on the cookie sheet and bake it for 30 minutes.
My lunch via Eva