We’re back. Wondering what we were up to?
Not only was last weekend fall break, but it was also Halloweekend. Besides the obvious (procrastinating assignments/crying over midterms), here’s what Bwog did.
- visited a friend in DC; ate some amazing bad grilled cheese (it was delicious, but it also made me throw up).
- saw the most beautiful New England autumnal foliage through a train window and felt completely at peace.
- visited my family.
- went to California to visit my sister (a freshman at Davis)!
- scared my sister’s friends.
- was disoriented, amused, enamored, disturbed by the completely different ecosystem of California.
- amused many bypassers with my bewilderment with mundane California wildlife. scrub jays I love u.
- witnessed someone yakking on the streets of Boston at 1 am (sad for them).
- went to a brewery in Brooklyn, felt that I was doing the college student New York thing.
Bwog celebrated Halloween:
- went to a Halloween-themed cast party.
- helped host a fairly successful Halloween party.
- ate the worst spinach in human existence at a Halloween party in a 34-floor apartment in midtown.
- spent Halloween searching for a simple fake mustache before resorting to brown eyeliner pencil.
- gave a fellow bwogger eyeliner whiskers so they could be a sexy cat for Halloween.
Bwog celebrated Harryween:
- finally went to Harryween. Can never listen to Toxic by Britney Spears ever again. Literally hated speaking and standing after for two days.
- recovered from Harryween. was saved from post-concert depression by lounge sets, Wu bagels, the Target on 97th opening, and the third season of You.
- got last-minute free Harry Styles tickets on Halloween!
- saw Harry Styles and cried twice at the concert, then once after when explaining to two bwoggers how much I cried at the concert.
Bwog tested the limits of the human body:
- did not drink enough water.
- slept poorly.
- drank so much tea. Slept so poorly.
- ate fondue and realized that though I’m not lactose intolerant, every body has its limits.
- absolutely fucked up my sleep schedule.
Bwog took emotional/romantic interludes:
- fell slightly in love with my best friend’s roommate.
- soft launched my gf on Instagram.
- disappointed my grandma by being single.
- walked across the Golden Gate Bridge ~romantically~ with my boyfriend.
- walked across the Santa Cruz beach ~romantically~ with my boyfriend.
- maybe possibly fell in love. double-check with me in about a month.
Above all else, Bwog partied hard:
- threw that ass in a circle.
- avoided the bitch cup at a party.
- went to a frat party as a junior and felt very Old but in a freeing way.
- got very drunk. Twice.
- made many many friends while very very drunk.
- impressed party guests with ice on the sink.
- put a lot of alcohol into my system and shot my immune system.
- heard some fantastic music (i.e. Come Get Her) and some horrible music (i.e. YMCA) at a frat party and thought about how I ended up here.
- took edibles and vibed to some mediocre music.
- started to realize the consequences of mixing my allergy meds with fun party activities.
- went out 4 nights in a row and am now struggling to have any brain function.
- danced until 5 am at a downtown apartment of a group we met standing in line at a club.
- drank seven nights in a row (yeah fall break was four days do the math).
pumpkins via Flickr