A guide to Barnard sustainability.
If you or a loved one has recently received a highlighter yellow Barnard Convocation shirt, you may to be entitled to financial compensation. Never fear—this shirt can have a meaningful purpose that looks different than sitting in a back drawer for four years! Here are our top suggestions to reduce, reuse, and recycle your (probably oversized) tee.
- Make it your designated shirt that you wear while dyeing your hair.
- Use it as a cleaning rag.
- Paint your nails on top of it.
- Wear it as a smock while painting.
- Put it under you when you’re on the first day of your period at night.
- Put it on your dog after you give them a bath.
- Use it as a reusable adult diaper.
- Cut it up into handkerchiefs.
- Use it as your reflective clothing if you’re biking outside at night.
- Wrap it around breakable stuff when you’re moving.
- Use it to smuggle food from the dining hall.
- Drop it off in the lost and found office.
- Give it to a prospective student or prefrosh.
- Use it as bedding in an animal crate.
- Regift it, or save it for a white elephant gift exchange.
- Get a bunch of them and make a quilt.
- Convince your roommate that they’ll need the convocation shirt and drop the responsibility on them.
- Kill bugs with it.
- Use it as a makeshift oven mitt.
- Cover up dining hall security cameras to steal oat milk.
- Reusable toilet seat cover.
- Use as a Halloween costume (ex. highlighter, middle school boy, cut into strips and make a mummy costume…)
- (If you’re brave) clean the shower before you step in it.
- Use it as a picnic blanket when you want to “study” on the lawns.
- Redesign the lettering with a Sharpie phrase of your choice—perhaps “I hate Plato.”
- Make a tie dye shirt for next year’s Pride.
- Use it as a trash bag.
- Bindle/rucksack if you decide to drop out, read On the Road, and contemplate American society.
- Wear it proudly to make CC boys jealous they couldn’t go to Barnard.
- Start a trend—new Barnard Dad hats anyone?
There you have it. Let us know which trusty method you chose in the comments!
Barnard Convocation Shirt via Bwog Staff