“Baking” With Bwog: The Many Uses of Oregano
Written by Bwog Staff
Back in October, three Baker Bwoggers made “special” brownies – special in the sense that they contained pretzels and caramel. Two months later, after a semester at college and in the midst of finals, other Bwog staff writers decided it was high time to make some really special brownies. And by “really special,” we mean with oregano.
It’s a stressful time. Finals are upon us. Tensions are high. Fortunately, someone told us about the healing, stress-relieving powers of an herb called oregano. We took this info and ran with it, and thus our second round of special brownies was born.
- Brownie mix (we don’t make from scratch, but we do use Ghirardelli because we’re classy af)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees while prepping a baking pan by lightly greasing it.
- Mix water, oil, and egg in a medium bowl until fully mixed.
- Add brownie mix and hella oregano. Really. Stir until well-blended.
- But don’t over-stir the batter, either. That makes the batter dense.
- And dense batter doesn’t allow the oregano to be fully effective.
- And that’s really what we’re going for.
- BUT ANYWAY… Next, pour the batter into the greased pan.
- Now that your oven is blazing hot, carefully place your brownies in the oven and set a timer for ~42:0(0) minutes.
- While waiting for your brownies to get baked, put on some slow jamz, such as James Taylor or… Honestly, just stick to James Taylor. There’s nothing better.
- After immersing yourself in the smooth rhythms of “Sweet Baby James,” 42 minutes will have probably passed. So take those brownies out.
- Let the brownies cool (although, let’s be real, they’re already pretty cool).
- Sit back, relax, and enjoy your oregano brownies – guaranteed to help you finish that essay on transcendentalism.
*DISCLAIMER: Oregano brownies taste nasty as fuck. Bwog does not support or condone anyone following this recipe in any context.
The best brownies we’ve ever “baked” via Bwog Staff
Tags: "wait there are men on bwog" "i mean yeah me", baking with bwog, brownie mix so thick, bwb, canadian geese can get f**ked, clearly students have their priorities straight, James Taylor is bae, special brownies for real this time, we managed to find oregano before finding an egg