PSA: Your Bacchanal Coverage May Experience Some Technical Difficulties

Remember when we wrote a light-hearted and clearly speculative post about some rumors to get pumped up about Bacchanal?  Apparently Bacchanal didn’t find it as much fun. In response to an inquiry for a magazine piece about the organization itself, a Blue and White first-year reporter received an unexpected response from a board member:

“We at Bacchanal have decided not to give any special coverage to Bwog or Blue and White reporting this year. We were very upset when Bwog published a speculative lineup earlier this month without contacting our club in any way ahead of time. First of all, this promotes inaccurate information, and secondly, we are contractually obligated to keep performers names secret until a specific day closer to the concert.  In all 4 of the past years I have been involved in Bacchanal I have never seen such disrespectful behavior from either Bwog or Spec. We felt it was very inappropriately handled, and because of that I will have to deny your request to speak with you about the piece.”

Unfortunately, it appears there won’t be any exclusive content regarding Bacchanal–apologies, all.  Next time we’ll keep our speculative posts more speculative.

@Anonymous fun sponges.

• Srsly? says:

@Srsly? This just oozes butthurt from the backlash from last year’s announcement. Get over it, guyz.

1. wait says:

@wait could you explain this? whose butthurt?

@Anonymous Le bacchanal-retentive committee. Sorry, had to sleep on it to realize the confusion.

• lazy college senior says:

@lazy college senior …sounds like some classic Kay Sorin bullshit

@Anonymous TO BE HONEST

2. lazy college senior says:

@lazy college senior WHO’S THAT DOWNVOTING ME?? I SEE YOU, KAY

• anon says:

@anon LOLWAT? Bwog disrespected bacchanal because it was promoting it way in advance by creating hype…..i guess my definition of disrespect is different from the bacchanal teams definition

@Anonymous lol. you fucking deserve it bwog. keep up the shitty journalism.

@Anonymous “news, gossip, arts, sports, and free food”

2. Dead Horse says:

@Dead Horse I GET KNOCKED DOWN. I GET UP AGAIN.
      YOU’RE NEVER GONNA KEEP ME DOWN.

• anon says:

@anon Yeah because I really give a shit about the Bacchanal line up compared to everything else going on. Whatever.

• DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM?! says:

@DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM?! Bacchanal. Maybe you’ve heard of it? It’s kind of a big deal. I’m a member of the planning committee and you will defer to me at all times, knave.

P.S. Fuck those Yale meanies for stealing our exclusive act :( will you guys be nice to us if we buy 60 minutes of Big Gigantic again?

1. DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM?! says:

@DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM?! Bachh. An. All.
      Bachhanal
      bachonall

I am probably the most important student on my floor if you think about it
      well, second-most important. Tyler is a basketball student and he has an internship downtown.

Don’t touch me Bwog.

• All that power? says:

@All that power? Smallest amount of power I’ve ever seen go to someone’s head.

1. ok reddit says:

@ok reddit you’re not the only person to ever go on reddit, dude

1. check yo self says:

@check yo self For the obviously uninitiated: Actually an Office quote.
        But I did see that post the other day…

• butler_209 says:

@butler_209 iTunes shuffled to Macklemore right when I opened this page IT’S GONNA HAPPEN

@Anonymous if they’re pissed, it must mean it’s true

1. or says:

@or it means the real act is way worse and they don’t want people to get excited over macklemore and then be disappointed

1. anon says:

@anon Guys i heard they are getting kids bop 127 to headline

1. CC '16 says:

@CC '16 although I’d honestly prefer that to Macklemore

2. Devil's Advocate says:

@Devil's Advocate Or it means that they were in talks with him and the speculation somehow caused the deal to fall through.

@Anonymous if those were really the stakes no one on the committee should have leaked the prospect to anyone. come on, where do rumors that might be true come from?

or do we think it was macklemore’s team who leaked this one?

@Anonymous yeah, it’s bacch’s job to keep that secret. but they all tell their friends…

• oh gary says:

@oh gary way to go.

@Anonymous isn’t macklemore comming? i heard from someone on the committee

@Anonymous Oh man. The Bacchanal Committee needs a reckoning. They think that they’re the shit.

Here’s some advice. Ease the fuck up. Learn to take constructive criticism. And for fuck’s sake, let people speculate. Isn’t that fun? Doesn’t that build the hype?

@Anonymous if this happened to anyone else but bwog i would agree. but because it happened to bwog i think they deserve it.

@Anonymous Bacch anal-retentiveness.

Lighten up, assholes.

@Anonymous just get taylor swift. it was always trouble to begin with.

• Hey I know! says:

@Hey I know! Is Gaga free? I haven’t heard from her in like a year and a half, or is she dead yet?

@Anonymous She just cancelled her entire world tour. I’m sure she’d be glad to get off her wheelchair to perform!

• Steve says:

@Steve The Bacchanal committee should be mad at themselves. Macklemore rumor wasn’t conjured out of thin air, it started from Bacchanal members letting word slip. Blaming Bwog for reporting what the whole school had already been talking about is ridiculous

@Anonymous We should have had 2 Chainz instead anyway and boo hoo at the Bacchanal committee, who are you guys again?

• Wait But says:

@Wait But Everyone keeps saying Macklemore, but literally EVERY Ivy is saying the same shit (UPenn: Macklemore and Calvin Harris rumor; Yale: Macklemore, etc.) People need to calm down because we might (AKA most likely will) become hella disappointed, especially since UPenn has WAYYYYY more money to blow on artists :'(

Essentially, TRUST NO ONE