Class of 2018 Lives Up To Proud Tradition of Stupid Facebook Posts

Were we ever this embarrassing? Yeah, okay, maybe. Still, it’s our turn to laugh now. Here are the worst of the Class of 2018 early decision Facebook intro posts. Read ’em and weep, folks.

Prefrosh: We don’t really hate you. And actually, the class before you accidentally uploaded a ton of their admissions essays to a public document, so you’re still coming out ahead.

Wow, you don't have to go to a public school. You must be so smart.
Wow, you don’t have to go to a public school. You must be so smart.

Can't tell if trolling or serious.
Can’t tell if trolling or serious.

wat
wat

ayndae Ayn Rand?

dear god let this be a troll

fb3Now this is just rude.

• All I can say is says:

@All I can say is Im so proud to be part of the class of 2018

@Anonymous You should be!

@Anonymous bwog, of course vocab mastur blastur 24 is a troll

it sounds roughly inspired by that “Penguin of D00M” copypasta

*holds up spork*

• omg omg says:

@omg omg these kids looks so cool. im serious way cooler than boring ass 2015 ;)
    h8 my yr but WHAT CAN U DO AMIRITE LOLLLLL

u better kiss me b4 they turn the lightz out (&hearts)

• seas '18 says:

@seas '18 TRUST NO BITCH

• Kilmer Fan? says:

@Kilmer Fan? It appears that one of the Class of 2018 (“This is existential”) is a fan of Jeana Poindexter, whose 2007 runner-up poem for the Annual Alfred Joyce Kilmer Memorial Bad Poetry Contest he/she/it appears to be quoting – http://philolexian.blogspot.com/2007/11/kilmer-2007-third-runner-up.html

• Vocab Mastur Blastur says:

@Vocab Mastur Blastur ….Cole?

• 2018er who wishes to remain anon says:

@2018er who wishes to remain anon ugh we are da coolest

#2018ordie
    #2018ornyu

@Anonymous Must have been a pretty bad start when Ayn Rand is your strategy for turning things around…

@Anonymous I had a fair laugh. That was kind of stupid of me. WP

@Anonymous looking at the page again, the 2018ers seem to be pretty mad at bwog.

“not that it’s awful, but definitely that it doesn’t really give a shit about treating the subjects of its articles with respect”

LOL. Keep at it.

@Anonymous I actually really liked that “this is existential” poem

@Anonymous WAIT IS THAT PLAGIARISM I REVOKE MY PRAISE THEY MUST BE EXPELLED IMMEDIATELY

• upperclassman says:

@upperclassman I say this every year, but:
    Fuckin’ freshmen

• anon says:

@anon TRIGGER WARNING for those who had to read shitty facebook prefrosh posts in the past

• Sad Alum says:

@Sad Alum It’ll be over before you know it and pretty soon you’ll be interviewing students and visiting bwog everyday to rather sadly and desperately cling to whatever is left of your relationship with Columbia… so enjoy it while it lasts *heaves dramatic sigh, falls back asleep on day off from soul crushing 9 to 5, yearning for what was..*

1. glad to know says:

@glad to know I’m not the only sad, reminiscing alum

@Anonymous thank you for your input

• Confused 2018 says:

@Confused 2018 I’m a part of class of 2018 but haven’t joined the Facebook group because I don’t want to be stalkable to everyone slash have negative repercussions of silly stuff my friends post on my wall. Am I being paranoid and should I just join it already or am I not missing out on much anyway? HELP!

1. CC 15 says:

@CC 15 so you went and posted this little nugget on Bwog instead? well done kid. step one to a successful college career is making your stupidity as anonymous as possible

@Anonymous you’re doing the right thing. it’s a waste of time, and will probably make you hate people way to soon.

enjoy senior year!

3. CC '14 says:

@CC '14 You should probably join the group– you only have ~7 months left to talk to your future classmates online and feel falsely optimistic about Columbia.

• hahahhaha says:

@hahahhaha literally all of these (except the 1st one) were people just trollin’. half of them aren’t even by real columbia students

better luck next time, bwog

• 2018 member says:

@2018 member I was able to enjoy this as a “prefrosh”. I can’t be angry because we’re all going to do it as upperclassmen. Hint: there are a lot more out there that are way more comical/embarassing