Yesterday we unleashed our application for daily editors upon the world. Today, we reveal another position that you should definitely apply for: Staff Writer! After all, “Bwog” is a portmanteau of “Blue and White blog,” and “blog” is a portmanteau of “web log,” and a “log” is something that people write in. Thus, we need enthusiastic, creative, funny, and/or opinionated writers to keep us going.
This position has less responsibility/power and more flexibility than that of a daily editor. Staff Writers will be expected to pitch at meetings, and write one long piece or two short pieces every two weeks. A Staff Writer might write a news piece, an event review, a defense of something, an account of an interesting experience, an interview, or pretty much anything else that interests them. They will also be expected to come to Bwog’s parties and eat our snacks.
If you love journalism, writing, reading Bwog, gossip, breaking news, free food, or squirrels, please apply! The application is meant as a way for us to get to know you and get you on board. No experience is required and anyone of any year can apply!
Just email email@example.com with your application by 12:01 a.m. on Thursday 9/11! Enlist today!
Bwog’s introductory meeting will be on September 7th at 7 p.m. in the SGO (5th floor of Lerner), and there will be free food. Mark your calendars.
- Tell us about one Bwog post you liked, one post you didn’t like, and why for both.
- Come up with five sample post ideas that you would like to see on Bwog.
- Why do you want to join Bwog?
- What experience do you have with writing?
- What, specifically, about Columbia might you be interested in writing?
- On a scale from 1-10, how interested are you in doing investigative journalism about the happenings at Columbia?
- Please provide a detailed narrative of this scene.
- Feel free to enclose samples of your writing, or links to it, in your email.
Swaggy desk via Wikimedia