Don’t you worry, Barnard; we didn’t forget about housing selection for you! Continuing the tradition for the second year in a row, we bring you the reviews for Barnard dorms! Up next we have a dorm that currently has no gas and sometimes runs out of hot water, but otherwise we hear it’s a fine place to live!
Location: 600 West 116th Street (literally at the corner of Broadway and 116)
- Nearby dorms: 616, 620, Schapiro, the Barnard Quad, Furnald
- Nearby restaurants: Ollie’s (too soon), Vine (still closed), Morton, all the tastiness the Broadway restaurant strip has to offer
- Single: $10,400
- Double: $8,960
- Bathrooms: Each suite has its own bathroom.
- AC/Heating: No AC.
- Kitchen/Lounge: Each suite has a kitchen with a sink, gas stove/oven, and refrigerator. Your suite could have hidden common areas but there’s a TV lounge on the second floor with a piano.
- Laundry: In the second floor lounge.
- Computers/Printers: Computer lab on the first floor of 616 for all 600s residents to use.
- Gym: None.
- Wi-Fi: Yes.
- Hardwood/Carpet: Hardwood!
- Suites have mostly doubles. But they’re sizable!
- Most of the singles in 600 are reserved for the RAs.
- Solid pick for rising juniors, usually have some suites carry over to Sophomore Day for mixed groups.
- Lobby is really beautiful!
- A really great choice if your group is cool with doubles.
- It’s a corner building so your chances of getting a real window with real sunlight emitting through it are higher than in most dorms.
- Location is so key; closer to Barnard buildings obviously but you’re right on the Broadway crosswalk to get you to College Walk in no time.
- “I can’t speak about my living situation after the fire.”
- “My double is HUGE. Because of that it isn’t so bad to be a junior in a double. 620 next year or bust, though.”
- “I got off the guaranteed housing list and was placed in a double here. I couldn’t have gotten luckier with my placement because I love these girls and this building!”
- “The elevators take fucking years”