NSOP isn’t complete with a handful of pregames being thrown on your floor, and we know that even the worst vodka can be made better with a good playlist. To help you make your pregame the “most lit” in Carman, we bring you two hours of hype music to get you excited to go out after a long day of useless programming. We even offer some comments on a handful of the songs.
- Pick Up the Phone – Young Thug, Travi$ Scott, Quavo: Your phone is now full of nameless phone numbers telling you where you should go for the night’s festivities. Pick up the phone and decide where to partake in harmless libations and spirits.
- My Shit – A Boogie Wit da Hoodie: Just like you, A Boogie is an rising star in rap hailing from the Bronx. Soon enough you’ll be opening for Drake, or navigating John Jay without taking 30 minutes to decide what you want to eat.
- Bitch Better Have My Money – Rihanna: It’s not going to take long for you to realize that you will spend too much money going out every night of NSOP. Make sure your friend pays you back for covering their fake in your group order so you’ll be able to afford your Vodka Cranberries at Mel’s.
- No Role Modelz – J. Cole: We hate to break it to you, but your OL is probably not going to bed at 8pm every night this week. Know that everyone is going to be hungover each morning. No one is safe from NSLOP.
- Again – Fetty Wap: Columbia experienced a tragedy last year when we didn’t get Fetty to play Bacchanal. Join us in mourning what could have been.
- Antidote – Travi$ Scott: We understand that you’re going to want to try our your roommates herbal remedies they brought from home, but be smart about the odor drifting from your room to your RA’s door. As Travi$ would say, “Don’t you let out that antidote.”
- Bound 2 – Kanye West: You can never go wrong with this song as your closer before you head out to the bars. You’ll also get used to hearing it on campus as it’s one of the only 3 songs CUMB knows how to play.