Field Notes: One Last Hurrah Edition
As the last weekend of fall semester comes to a close, Columbia still manages to have some meaningful events: like Orgo Night, Primal Scream, and lots and lots of exams. :(
Bwog Tries To Study
Bwog Finds Time To Do Things Even Before Finals
- Made the impulsive decision to go to DC at 3 AM with my friends 2 days before exams
- Saw Ted Cruz and Ted Cruz’s facial hair (ugly)
- Went dancing in Brooklyn and sprained my pinky to Sex on Fire by Kings of Leon
- Made brownies from a mix while drunk and massively fucked up. Not sure how: maybe I forgot an ingredient?
- Made smores in the microwave
- Drunkenly shouted, “WHAT ARE YOUR INTENTIONS TOWARDS MY SISTER?” at a boy whom I suspected of having a crush on my sister. (I was correct.)
- Skateboarded to flat top to meet my aunt for Sunday brunch only to find out it wasn’t Sunday
- Had a 90 minute massage and woke up the next morning only to find like six weird bruises on my back :))))))))))))))
- Walked from SoHo to West Village to Greenwich Village to Chelsea and spent a total of three (3) hours in three (3) bookstores
- Ran into an acquaintance from high school on the plane, awkward catching-up ensued
- Ate foie gras mousse followed by foie gras-stuffed quail and came to terms with the fact that I’ll have to send myself to the guillotine during the impending class war
- Went down to bushwick with my roommate and forced her to text her crush of six-months
- Spent quality time w/ my friend at a doctor who themed bar
- Got hit on by a dom in Starbucks
- Had my friend throw my bwog egg into the quad
- Drove!! God I missed my car
- Primal screamed outside Butler!
- Learned how to make an origami stingray and dolphin!
- Wrote Orgo Night! Performed Orgo Night!!! Lost my voice for the next 3 days!!!!
- Watched a lady escape from the police at union station
- Went to my first orgo night and it was amazing.
- Blacked out a party right after singing “thank u, next” next to my ex. Blacked back in while we were puking in the same trash can.
Happy Holidays, from Bwog
- Drank peppermint vodka to help write Orgo Night, perform Orgo Night, and finally celebrate the completion of Orgo Night.
- Walked around Furnald for the first time wearing Christmas onesies since coming to Columbia and had a photoshoot
- Went Christmas shopping!
- Stayed at my sister’s tree-trimming party in BK until 3 am, hung out w/ a bunch of 30 olds
- Was informed my best friend is picking me up from the airport at 5 AM. she knew when I was arriving and I didn’t even know myself. I will never meet someone as great as her
- FaceTimed my sister whilst she projected my face onto the wall at my niece’s seven birthday party so I could sing happy birthday and watch her blow out her candles.
Sick And Crying Bwog :(
- Sick as a fecking dog for a week. Thank the Good Lord I have no exams.
- Cried when my friend left yesterday
- Cried when I saw my ex in John Jays today
- Cried when I spoke to my friends back home and missed London
- My roommate had to check herself into the ER after being so sick from possible dining hall food poisoning.
- Seriously considered Botox because my eye bags have been out of control following crying and exhaustion
- Basically just cried a lot.
- Cried over my hometown!
- Had my “crying over Bwog” moment a week late, at a band party.
- Got super sick just in time for finals