Required Reading: The People’s History of Columbia

Ahh, Columbia! The Ivy League School where the brightest students from around the world study under renowned professors, hanging out in groups with perfect diversity and doing mock trial in their free time. Or so your admissions brochure would have you think! But a lot more has happened at Columbia then just Obama’s tenure as a student.

Here, Bwog breaks down the other history of Columbia. The serious history and the funny one The saucy history. The history your tour guide won’t tell you about. Bwog was started in 2006, and since then we’ve documented all the wildest and weirdest things that have happened on campus.

Fresh people and returning students alike, it’s time to catch up. Put down your Iliad and get READING because Columbia students get up to a lot of shit.

Protip: for the full Bwog experience, read the comments.

Photo via Bwarchives

@Anonymous Columbia History of the World written in 1972 is superb,
    so is Popkin’s Columbia History of Western Philosophy

• anon says:

@anon This “history” must have been written by a current student. Somehow Columbia’s three hundred year history only includes events of the last eight years.

1. probably says:

@probably well obviously it wasn’t written by someone who is 300 years old

@Anonymous Dear Friend,

I know we don’t see eye to eye politically and I’m glad we’ve been able to remain friends despite our differences in opinion. I don’t see you as being too far gone to save. You’re just left of straight as far as I’m concerned- you’re barely a Democrat. I know you don’t like any of these candidates because I used to be a Democrat and after I saw what they did to Bernie Sanders back in 2016 I sort of lost faith in the party as a whole. But, I haven’t lost faith in you. America is coming back how it used to be- but we’re going to have to work together to get there.

I don’t trust this group of Democrats to fix the big problems that we’re currently dealing with in our country. I decided to vote for Donald Trump in 2016 and I will vote for him again in 2020. I think that he has the right ideas about how to turn the country around but also I’ve started to reevaluate some old ideas and try look at things from a new perspective- to stop doing the stuff that’s not working. I’m not the kind of person to trust government or politicians, but I strongly believe that Donald Trump is exactly what America needs right now.

If you take the time to read his book “Art of the Deal” you might start to see him in a different light and decide- like I did- that he’s the person you should trust with your vote. He’s done a good job so far but you’ll never hear about it on television.

–Anon

1. anon says:

@anon You do realize he did not write one word of that book, right?

@Anonymous This is a Russian troll.

1. Child's Guide to Political Discussion says:

@Child's Guide to Political Discussion *everyone I don’t like is a Russian troll*

2. Pick one says:

@Pick one >Russian trolls used sophisticated methods to influence millions of people to vote for Trump in the 2016 election by targeting heavily trafficked sites and manipulating social media
        >Russian trolls comment on Bwog articles with no more than a dozen views a day.

@Anonymous You 4chan nazis need to piss off

@Anonymous Asuka is best girl

@Anonymous Don’t forget the deceptively compact East Asian Civilizations by deBary, 1988

@Anonymous If you’re into quant finance, you need Sydsaeter Economists Mathematical Manual and Baxter & Rennie Financial Calculus and the FRM Manual