Cooking With Bwog: Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
If you are looking for an easy and trendy quarantine bite, look no further than banana bread!
After making three batches that a family of 4 can share each time while stuck with each other in quarantine, this banana bread has sweetened things up! Hate fruit, but love chocolate? Not to fear as this recipe includes chocolate chips, and you can always remove the walnuts from the recipe to make it nut-free!
for 6 servings
- 2 ripe bananas
- ⅓ cup butter, melted
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- salt, to taste
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- ½ cup walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F.
- In a bowl, add the bananas and mash until smooth. Add in the melted butter and stir until well combined.
- Add the sugar, egg, vanilla, baking soda, salt, and flour, and stir until the batter is smooth.
- Add in the chocolate chips and walnuts, and pour the batter into a greased loaf pan. Top with additional chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Bake for 50 minutes to an hour, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool completely before serving.
Yummyness via Wikimedia Commons