Best Ways To Procrastinate Studying For Finals
There’s so much you could be doing instead of studying for finals. Bwog is not telling you to procrastinate, but if you are going to do so, we’d rather you procrastinate with a little guidance.
So here it is… the guidance you’ve been yearning for. Here are the best ways to procrastinate studying for finals:
For those yearning to procrastinate for extended periods of time…
- Process all the deep and complicated emotions you have been bottling up for the past 19 years.
- Read all of The Hobbit and Lord of the Rings.
- Watch the movies in order.
- Take minimal breaks to test your endurance for fun!
- Start your own business.
- Jar your homemade jam.
- Sell your DIY t-shirts.
- Paint a picture with extreme detail.
- It could be a picture of your dog or even your own face… the sky is the limit.
- Transcribe a monologue from your favorite movie.
- Memorize it.
- Act it out.
- Film it.
- Post it on social media for all your fans to enjoy.
- I would recommend using any monologue from Little Women personally, but obviously just a suggestion.
- Write a song.
- No pressure, but I would definitely make it cool enough to win a Grammy.
- Confess your feelings to someone.
- Get your heartbroken.
- Text some guy you met at a party once in hopes of filling the void.
- Make your friends Zines.
- Think about how you even pronounce “Zine.”
- Unfold your clothes.
- Refold your clothes.
- Organize them by color and pattern.
- Sit in your room or lay in bed.
- Stare at the ceiling for literal hours with a podcast or Zoom lecture in the background for white noise.
- Daydream about turning your parents’ house into an indoor playground with a rock wall, giant swings, and a slide.
For those yearning to procrastinate for short periods of time…
- Memorize a TikTok dance.
- Play Tetris or any other online games.
- Think Google doodle games, Sudoku, Webkinz, Club Penguin, or Sims.
- Bake sourdough!!
- Or any type of bread… but Bwog highly recommends Banana Bread.
- Have a game night with friends over Zoom.
- Play Hangman, Pictionary, or Cards Against Humanity.
- Dance alone in your room.
- Don’t worry, we have a playlist for you.
- Look at photos that you wanted to use as your Zoom background and never got around to using.
- The Love Island UK diary room.
- The house from Parasite.
- Your favorite Instagram photo.
- Make lists. Many, many lists.
- Stare at them and think about what you probably should be doing. The keyword being “think.”
- Write elaborate summer plans and bucket lists.
- Think about what you want to be doing.
- Ask family members if they need help with anything.
- Make playlists.
- Lament to friends about your inability to get work done.
- Stunt on Tom Nook.
- Take walks.
Take care of yourself and prioritize your mental health. Best of luck with finals! You got this!
Me avoiding finals via Bwarchives