Are We the Only Ones Still Laughing?

Maybe. Probably. But self-awareness is a key step to recovery. It’s high time for another snow penis. A tipster from high atop the battlements of Wallach sends this dramatic before/after sequence. The saga unfolded last night:

before

Before.

After. Can you spot the difference?

Says the tipster: I looked out the window to see that someone was writing a love note to “Caitlin.”  Fifteen minutes later, the original artists had long disappeared and a penis had appeared in the message.

What bold participatory art! What a compelling juxtaposition of earthly and ethereal Aphrodite! Caitlin, you’re a lucky woman.

• hm says:

@hm bwog doesn’t just report on snow penises, i’m pretty sure it has a direct role in inspiring their creation.

@Anonymous Art imitates life

• You, sir, says:

@You, sir, are a scientist.

• yea says:

@yea that’s definitely a bone not a penis.

1. google earth it says:

@google earth it if you don’t believe me.

@Anonymous Google earth wouldnt have it so quick

1. What? says:

@What? Blasphemy!

2. Truth says:

@Truth Have we really fallen so low as to use google earth as a verb?

@Anonymous No, it’s definitely a penis. If you compare the two sides, they would be identical if it were a bone. Instead, one side has a line perpendicular to the semicircle shaped round head of the penis while the other side is curved like a rounded w where the balls are.

1. CC '12 says:

@CC '12 I liked it better when I thought it was a bone

• Huh says:

@Huh Doesn’t it say “I bone Caitlin” now?

@Anonymous Perhaps it’s now “I love penis, Caitlin”? Can’t spot the comma though.

2. I believe says:

@I believe it is to be read “I love to bone Caitlin”. The intentional ambiguity of the penis-form functions as a sort of visual pun. This way, the shape can be interpreted as an infinitive verb by describing a noun with a different meaning. I, for one, laud and envy the artist/author for his (let’s be real it’s a dude) ingenuity and skillful manipulation of conventional iconography with contemporary slang.