Bwog is telling you to practice self-care…there we said it.
Self-care doesn’t have to be doing a face mask or making spa water, and it doesn’t have to require a lot of work. It is all about taking the time to understand what your body needs and taking care of yourself in whatever way you find best.
Here are some ways to practice self-care:
- Meditate using the app Headspace or some youtube guided meditation.
- Read your horoscope on co-star.
- Bake something.
- Find a fun fall recipe on Pinterest and try it out!
- Sit outside and read something for fun!
- Dance alone in your room.
- Add lemons, citrus, and/or fruit to your water.
- Do an art project.
- Make really, really tacky Shrinky Dink earrings.
- Create a cozy atmosphere with lamps and candles.
- Schedule downtime away from technology and away from your work!
- Make your favorite foods
- Your body is contorted all day when you’re at your desk and you hold so much tension in areas like your hips. Stretching even for just 5 minutes once a day will make you feel a lot better!
- Wash your face!
- Put on face cream and MASSAGE! YOUR! CHEEKS! Your face will thank you :)
- Turn off the lights in your room– don’t use your phone! Just lay down and be present for a little bit!
- Journal! Let those fucking feelings out!
- Have a good cry!! Let it out baby!!
- Do one thing for yourself a day. One calming thing that makes you smile.
- Draft your scathing culpa review for the end of the semester.
- Eat food. If you tend to forget, literally set an alarm for typical mealtimes, and force yourself to get up and eat.
- Run an errand. Need to go grocery shopping? Or to the pharmacy? Or to drop off mail? Do it!
- It’ll only take you like an hour, you get to check a thing off your to-do list, and you get to leave the house and stop staring at a screen!
- If you’re feeling extra, grab a coffee or a sweet treat on your way home.
- Listen to a podcast and go on a walk!
AND! Remember that we are in a pandemic and none of this is normal. Grades are not the end of the world. Numbers do not reflect your worth! Numbers DO NOT reflect your worth! NUMBERS DO NOT REFLECT YOUR WORTH
Go take care of yourselves– Bwog wants you to!
treat yo self via Bwog Archives