Elevators are terrifying metal coffins that self destruct upon the act of jumping up and down. One particular elevator on our campus will deliver you through all nine circles of hell whether you jump, sit, or stand.
GSSC Bureau Chief Olivia Mitchell reports on this week’s GSSC meeting, where the council talked with Michael Higgins GS ’21, the Co-Founder and Chair of the Food Pantry at Columbia, about food pantries on campus–
A Bwog Staffer shares their advice on the best bathroom stalls to stall in when you’re running early but not early enough that you can go back to your dorm.
Bwog has received many tips of a fire (a real one, not like those ones that wake you up at 2 a.m.) in 616, on 116th and Riverside. The building has been evacuated and firefighters are “smashing” windows. Eegad! Tipster Samantha Child reports: “Fire fighters are throwing all of her belongings out the window, including […]
Katharine Abrams, Bwog’s culinary expert, reports Still dreaming of butternut squash soup and sage ravioli, I hope to soon see Community Food and Juice without brown paper lining its windows. However, Community’s indefinite close does have its advantages, namely forcing me to explore other dining options near campus. In its wake, Pio Pio, a Peruvian rotisserie […]
Image via the BBC For once in your life (savor the moment) something’s been completed before facilities said it would be! Tipsters report that the Hartley laundry room is back in business today after last week’s spontaneous combustion; the email Housing sent out didn’t anticipate the laundry room’s return until Monday, the 27th. Not […]
The fire is out, the smoke has cleared, and a half-dozen people probably lost half their wardrobe. Our official Charred Carnage Expert David Berke was wandering by Hartley this morning and noticed that the offending dryers were being unceremoniously evicted from the building. Take a quiet moment now in memory of those monstrous sock-eaters […]
For about the past half an hour, freshman students were marooned outside Hartley, Wallach and John Jay after a rogue washing machine in Hartley caught fire. “I was going to do my laundry in the Hartley laundry room, and it was filled with smoke.” A few minutes later, “The entire hall was filled with smoke,” […]
It seems as if Columbia has been having a bit of trouble with Fire Safety lately. Yesterday, two unrelated occurrences confirm that maybe we should be worried about the all-consuming wrath-fire after all. From Bwog Tipster Addison Anderson, on yesterday’s EC fire alarm: After the alarm from the smoke scare on the 14th floor stopped […]
Well, friends, it seems that John Jay is infested with much larger, much blacker, much furrier pests than those of yesteryear—those being the famed bedbugs. Bwog recently received several pictures of pestilence countermeasures deployed throughout John Jay and the cafeteria’s back room. Bwog also speaks to its janitors on occasion. Last time, Bwog asked what […]
Let’s not kid ourselves- we’ve all been rudely awoken by the ungodly shrieking of a fire alarm and we’ve all cursed the name and bodily person of the (usually) faceless, unknown culprits. But, thanks to the personal touch of Columbia Housing and Dining, fire alarm emails have recently included the specific suite numbers of […]