Ah, Halloweekend, that magical time when you smear makeup with glee, get punny, and make out with a banana. It’s a memorable weekend for all, even more so when it morphs into “fall break” and everybody creeps away into their caves–whether staycationing or retreating back home. To commemorate Halloweekend 2013, we bring you field notes.
One for the ages
On actual Halloween, both EC elevators were out of order, forcing residents and partygoers to tramp up and down the 20 flights. Reports say:
- “Currently sitting on the 10th floor landing taking a breather. FUCK.THIS.SHIT”
- “…and now I begin my 14 flight trek.”
- “Hello from floor 10. Parties are emerging in the stairwells”
- “People gave me so much encouragement when I thought I was about to pass out and/or vomit around floor 9″
- “Ok there was something pretty fun about the community building on the stairs though”
Last Wednesday night, with seniors in full force at Havanaween, a Bwogger happened upon a guy at Mel’s with an ice cube tray taped to his stomach. When asked what he was, he replied “I’m Ice Cube’s mother.” The Bwogger was mildly amused.
Speaking of Mel’s, it appears as if upperclassmen are coming back around to this haven, having taken some time away in respect to the seriously, seriously missed Bigga. This weekend, Mel’s was fuller than usual with upperclassmen, apparently tired of always landing back at 1020.
Bwog’s editor and her cohorts got second place at 1020 trivia last night. Just saying.
In other bar news, The Abbey is temporarily shut down, for the 15 of you who this affects.