Where does Duane Reade get off selling a three pack of condoms for $6.99? We all know that’s absurd, but tonight when you notice that condom in your wallet (the one you got from that anti-smoking street performance group six months ago) is just a little too expired, you’ll shell out that seven bucks without hesitation. Because blind robbery is bad, we’ve pooled our collective campus condom knowledge to help you out.
With valentine’s day coming up, and just in general, you should do something about where to get free condoms around here. Because broke college students should have safe sex too. I just don’t know where to get them.
- Tippy the Tipster
Tippy you’re right. Condoms should be easily accessible on campus, and in fact they are. Columbia Health Services offers 5 locations where condoms and other safe sex supplies are available:
- Medical Services – 4th floor of John Jay, Open M-Th: 8 am – 6:30 pm, F: 8 am – 5 pm (get ‘em while they’re hot), S: 10 am – 3:30 pm
- Alice! Health Promotion – 1st floor of Wien, Suite 108A, Open M-F: 9 am – 5 pm
- Sexual Violence Response – 3rd Floor of Lerner, Open M-F: 9 am – 5 pm
- Barnard Health Services – Lower Level of Brooks, Open M-F: 9 am – 5 pm
- Well Woman at Barnard – 119 Reid (first floor of the quad), Open 24/7
The only location that provides constant condom access is Well Woman at Barnard, but unfortunately a Barnard ID is required as it is inside the dorms. If you find yourself consistently in need of condoms at 3am, dating a Barnard girl may be the most cost effective option. Now that Bwog has successfully saved you all your small bills, be sure to hop in a cab after your night of debauchery — it’s slippery out there and that way the fun can start early. If you’re looking for more information on health and sexual related services at Columbia, check out the Health Services website. And remember, kids, consent is sexy.
Gandalf’s Condom Collection via Shutterstock